Lakewood, Dallas, TX
SANTA BARBARA RESIDENCE
- The 4,300sf (5bed-5bath) construction features Insulated Concrete Forms increasing the R value up to 40, double than the average stud wall construction.
- Future Solar panels will provide all the electricity necessary to power the house and potential achievement of a Net Zero Home Certification.
- Oriented to the South, the home will collect all the sun on the winter season, and will be shaded on the summer, letting all the spaces to be lighted naturally.
- Cross ventilation, operated by the owners will cool the house as well
- The Hvac system features Minisplits with independent control over the temperature on each room.
- A rain harvest system might be implemented to recapture the water for irrigation.